TOURISM. Professional solutions for the sector
The Canary Islands, a 15-million tourist market
This year a new edition of the International Fair of the Atlantic, Atlantur, which focuses on products and services for the tourism sector, will take place from 28th to 31st March in the Trade Fair Institution of the Canary Islands (INFECAR) in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
The aim of the International Fair of the Atlantic, promoted by the Island Council of Gran Canaria, is to become the main focal point for the tourism business and professional community in the Canary Islands, providing new opportunities for business, investment and collaboration.
The sectors included in the fair are:
- Rehabilitation and maintenance
- Supplies for the tourism industry
- Technology applied to the tourism sector
- Investments in the tourism sector
- Training for the tourism industry
Furthermore, the tourism industry is the economic and social driver of the Canary Islands, and it accounts for more than 30% of the GDP of the economy of the islands, with more than 15 million tourists every year, more than 400 thousand tourist accommodation and more than 1700 hotel and non-hotel establishments.
In addition, this fair has the UFI Approved Event label, after succesfully completing the audit carried out by The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry (UFI) and by Asociación de Ferias Españolas (AFE).
It has also been recognized by the Government of the Canary Islands as OFFICIAL FAIR TRADE OF THE CANARY ISLANDS.
The Trade Fair Institution of the Canary Islands (INFECAR – Institución Ferial de Canarias) has been opening doors, allowing business to operate between Europe, Africa and America for more than five decades. With the organization of this 42nd edition of the International Trade Fair of the Atlantic, we continue this new specialization phase that started during the past editions of this fair, becoming the leading trade fair of the tourism sector in the Canary Islands.
[WHO IS PARTICIPATING?]
* Construction and renovation companies and professionals will present their services and solutions for the fields of architecture, engineering, equipment, interior design, security and energy efficiency. In addition, product, service and technology companies will show their innovations to modernize and optimize the management and the experiences offered by tourism companies: setting, applications, marketing, commercialisation, outsourced services, etc.
* Emerging tourist destinations in Ibero-America and Africa will be presented, and will offer investment, internationalisation, and export opportunities. At the same time, the Canary Islands will propose opportunities for attracting property investment and investment from new participants.
* Hotel management schools, training centres and universities will show their training and specialisation programmes. In addition, entities and institutions will present their assistance and incentive programmes for job procurement and training.
[ SECTORS ]
Rehabilitation and maintenance
Supplies for the tourism industry
Technology applied to the tourism sector
Investments in the tourism sector
Training for the tourism industry
[ DATA SHEET ]
- Tourist Board of Gran Canaria
- Corporation for the Economic Promotion of Gran Canaria (SPEGC)
- Enterprise Europe Network · Government of the Canary Islands
- Africa House
- ICEX Spain – Export and Investments
- Official Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Services and Navigation of Gran Canaria
- The Town Council of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Innovative business group Turismo Innova Gran Canaria
- Construction, equipment and services cluster of the Canary Islands.
- Association of Builders and Property Developers of the Province of Las Palmas (AECP)
- Las Palmas Federation of Hotel and Tourism Entrepreneurs
- FEMEPA - Las Palmas Federation of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in the Metal and New Technologies Industries
- The Association of Entrepreneurs of the tourism sector in Fuerteventura (ASOFUER)
- The Official Professional Association of Architects of Gran Canaria
- The Official Professional Association of Lawyers of Las Palmas
- Centre for Tourist Initiatives of Gran Canaria (CIT)
- Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Universidad del Atlántico Medio
- Lopesan Hotels & Resorts
- La Sociedad Canaria de Fomento Económico, S.A. (PROEXCA)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Canarias (ITC)
- Gran Canaria Convention Bureau
- Colegio de Ingenieros Industriales de Canarias Oriental
- Colegio Oficial de arquitectos de Tenerife, La Gomera y el Hierro
- Asociación Industrial de Canarias (ASINCA)
- Asociación Insular de Empresarios de Hoteles y Apartamentos de Lanzarote (ASOLAN)
- Asociación Hotelera y Extrahotelera de Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera y El Hierro (ASHOTEL)